In the latest episode I speak with Sarah Smith is a fitness coach, published author and has a decade experience conducting research at The National Institutes of Health, National Cancer Institute, University of Arizona and North Carolina State University.
She uses her strong scientific background and obsession with comprehensive research to provide evidence-based strategies from a functional movement and medicine perspective to her clients.
She believes that targeting the root cause of any health or movement struggles is the most efficient way to a sustainable, strong and life-nourishing lifestyle!
– Appreciation for Physiology & How to capitalize
– Peer Review and Evidence-Based Techniques
– Importance of Pelvic Health for Women
– Fitness Paradigm Misapplied to Women
– Menstrual Impact on Fitness
– Women Train & Recover Differently
– Programming & Nutrition Change based on Life Cycle
– Prenatal & Post-Partum Fitness Support
– Inflammatory state, Nutrition and Community
– Weight Might Not be the best Fitness Goal
– Define the Pelvic Floor, What is it? and Why it is important?
– Listen to your body & Setbacks are opportunities
Podcast: Dirty Strength Radio
Unseen Realm by Michael Heiser
Florence and the Machine
Favorite Rest & Recovery:
Breathwork, Original Strength Movement Exercises, Infrared Sauna
RXR3 Recovery Lounge