In this episode, I speak with Brandon Lilly. If you are not familiar with the powerlifting legend and arguably one of the best to grace the sport, he is the creator of the Cube Method. We cover a lot of ground in our conversation from the importance of having teachers and coaches that can influence your life, how misapplied ideas can lead to ruin, our internal narrative sets the stage for success or failure. Our need to redefine what success/failure looks like, and what is important in life. How injury created be a pivot point in his life leading to coaching and mentorship and new, more fulfilling opportunities.
– Personal Journey Through Numerous Life Events at Once
– What is Your Internal Narrative?
– Positive Impact of Teachers & Coaches
– How It All Got Started
– Are you Chasing or Pursuing?
– Gratefulness in the Face of Adversity
– Better You Recover, Better Your Lift
– Creation of the Cube Method
– Personal Mental Health Journey
– Serve Others
– Double Down on What Brings You Joy
– We Live on a Spectrum, Not Absolutes
– Don’t Be Afraid to Invite Yourself
– Failure Can Lead to Your Life Purpose
Instagram: @peaceloveandmeat @brandlilly3
Podcast: Peace, Love and Meat
Master of God
Tribe – Sebastian Junger
Dean Martin, Sinatra, Zach Brian and BDM
Favorite Rest & Recovery:
Bedtime Routine, PowerDot, Float Tank
*Anything discussed in this episode is not medical advice and you should always check with a health professional prior to taking any actions.
Please leave a rating and review
Infrared Saunas: https://qj959.isrefer.com/go/restandrecovery/restrecoverypodcast/
#berestedbewell #peaceloveandmeat #plusone #mentalhealth #emotionalwellness #healthoptimization #healthoptimisation #healthjourney #bettertogether #personalcare #selfcare #calminthestorm #calm #meditation #stressreduction #stressmanagement #bipolar #ironcouncil #grilling #hunting #findjoy #serveothers #powerdot #bloodorigins #floattank
Support this podcast: https://anchor.fm/therestandrecoverypodcast/support